I don’t just need easy Instant Pot ribs. I needed the Easiest Instant Pot Ribs, like ever.
See, I needed a win here. I went for years and years afraid to try making ribs. We always loved them and I’d buy premade sometimes, but I just had zero confidence in my abilities to make them on my own. We’re from Kansas City, for gosh sakes! I couldn’t be turning out subpar ribs. Everybody–including me!–would know the difference.
But yes. I think I’ve found it: the easiest instant pot ribs ever. Easy enough I’m interested in experimenting with different additions. That’s a far cry from not even trying, and I’m really pleased with myself for going outside my comfort zone.
But let’s get started on those ribs, shall we?
Oh yeah: if you don’t have an Instant Pot, use your crock pot. Low and slow, baby!
- Use a paper towel to peel off membrane from back of ribs. I have a mixed track record with this myself, but do what you can. Here's a video showing the paper towel method.
- Whatever rub you wanna rub, get to rubbing. Rub in your rub!
- Add 1/2 cup water (or broth), along with the apple cider vinegar and Liquid Smoke (if using) to the bottom of your pot. If you're not using the vinegar, just replace the liquid with water.
- Insert trivet, and set now-rubbed ribs on their side atop of trivet, curling around to fit in your pot. (You can cook up to 2 racks at a time if your pot will accommodate them).
- Cook high pressure for 28 minutes (for very tender) or 25 minutes for more of a bite.
- Allow for full natural pressure release. As pressure is dropping, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- When the pressure has dropped, remove ribs from Instant pot and put them in a broiling pan. Spread BBQ sauce on them.
- Broil for 10 -15 minutes with the meaty side up, until the sauce is caramelized and it looks so good, you can barely wait to eat it!
These would be great with some cauli-mash, salad, or roasted veggies of darned near any sort. Yum!
Have you tried making instant pot ribs? What would be your tips for the Easiest Instant Pot Ribs?