Being who I am–a “unique” individual, to put it politely–I don’t like my recipes, simple as they may be, to taste just like everybody else’s recipes for the same dish. I mean, c’mon! I’m an old lady with pink hair for goodness sakes! You think conformity is my strong suit?
Usually, this doesn’t present a huge challenge because I put together dishes based on what I have around the kitchen that seems like it would taste good together. A real food scientist, I am. I seldom make something exactly the same way twice. But when I come up with something that I want to make the same way twice…well, I figure it’s worthy of a share here. So if you like your coleslaw to have just a little bite and not taste the same as everybody else’s coleslaw. I’ve got you covered, man.
I like to keep a bag of coleslaw mix in the fridge all the time for a quick round of crack slaw or an easy side dish I can conjure up at a moment’s notice. This low carb cole slaw is going into my regular dinner rotation. I hope you like it, too!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Swerve (or favorite SF sweetener)
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- Taste the dressing mix for flavor, sweetness, etc. and adjust as preferred.
- Mix your cole slaw into the dressing. Add more slaw if needed to get to your desired consistency.
- Chill for at least a half an hour to allow flavors to combine.
- If desired, garnish with bacon bits or sliced cherry tomatoes. Yum!
What do you like in your low carb coleslaw?