Kyndra Holley is known for easy recipes that use natural, everyday foods to turn out great-tasting results (like, say the Chicken, Sausage and Vegetable Skillet recipe).
These skills have never been more obvious than demonstrated in her book, 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking.
I’ve tried several recipes from this book. Here’s a peek at a few.
They were all amazing! I think I’ve made this Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet the most, though, because it was the biggest surprise, just how amazing it was.
I had originally picked the Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet for two reasons:
- Since starting KETO, I really miss crunchy foods. I crave that texture more than just about anything.
- I am not much of a vegetable person, and I want to become one. Peppers and onions have that crunch that I want sooooo badly, so this one seemed like a good bet.
It was right on target!
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 chicken sausage links (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small red onion (cut into large chunks)
- 1 small zucchini (halved lengthwise and sliced into moons)
- 1 small yellow squash (halved lengthwise and sliced into moons)
- 1 small red bell pepper (cut into large chunks)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (cut into large chunks)
- 6 cremini mushrooms (quartered)
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, garlic, and onion and saute until the sausage is browned and the onion is translucent, about 10 minuets
- Add the zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes to the skillet and saute for an additional 10 to 15 minuets, until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
If you make this, drop a comment and let us know how it worked out. I hope you love it as much as we do!