I love me some smoothies! You can easily adapt this Low Carb Strawberry Peach Smoothie to whatever you’ve got on hand and smoothies tend to be very forgiving for the sloppy cook like me, who likes to eyeball ingredients rather than measure them.
Strawberries are one of my favorites because the carb count is low but it still tastes great. In this Low Carb Strawberry Peach Smoothie, I use mostly strawberries but a few peaches to round off the flavor. And because I love-love peaches. If you’re using this for breakfast, you could also add a scoop of protein powder to make it more of a filling meal replacement.
I always use Greek yogurt here, as it has lower carb counts. It doesn’t take a lot and it is thicker, too. Compare the brands you have available and you should be able to find something reasonable. Or better yet, use homemade.
If you have a heavy duty immersion blender, you don’t have to worry so much over crushing the ice and can use your fruit right out of the freezer!
As listed, this Low Carb Strawberry Peach Smoothie comes in at about 13 net carbs which I realize is too high for many of y’all. To reduce that number, use less fruit, focus on berries and skip the peaches. It just won’t taste quite as indulgent.
- 3/4 c. frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 c. frozen unsweetened peaches
- approx 1 cup ice (crushed, preferably)
- 1 oz. Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- sweetener (to taste)
- Approx.2 cups unsweetened Almond milk
- In a tall container, assemble frozen fruit, ice, yogurt, heavy cream, and sweetener.
- Fill about 3/4 of the way to the top with Almond Milk
- Using an immersion blender, blend it up!
- Add extra almond milk or ice as needed to finish it off!
- Eat it immediately, or put in a lidded container to freeze for Strawberry ice cream!